Safeguarding and Pastoral Care
'Priory Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this passion and commitment.'
Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
· Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment.
· Preventing harm to children’s health or development.
· Ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care.
· Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Child protection is part of the safeguarding process. It focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering or likely to suffer significant harm. This includes child protection procedures which detail how to respond to concerns about a child.
At Priory Primary School our aim is to provide the highest quality pastoral care throughout the school. All staff work together to help pupils at Priory achieve their best, educationally, socially and emotionally.
All staff members at Priory are committed to supporting the emotional health and well-being of all our children and their families. We are happy to speak to pupils and parents/carers about any concerns they may have.
Our children are encouraged to make the most of their time at Priory Primary School, so every effort is made to remove barriers to successful learning and to equip young people with the confidence and skills to be enthusiastic learners and effective members of the community.
Our aims are:
· To offer an environment which will support the emotional health and well-being of all our pupils.
· To support and empower families who are experiencing challenges.
· To help our children develop empathy for social, spiritual, emotional and physical needs within the school.
· To uphold an atmosphere in which children feel secure, are encouraged in their learning, growth and social development and know that they are valued within a healthy and safe environment.
· To work with a range of stakeholders, parents, support staff, outreach agencies and other schools to ensure the best outcomes for every pupil.
Designated Safeguarding Leads for Priory Primary School
Mrs J Craig, Headteacher
Mrs J Godbehere
Mrs K Thomas, Deputy Head
Mrs L Duffin, Assistant Headteacher
Mr S Bowman, Assistant Headteacher
Mrs K Carver, Assistant Headteacher
Mrs L Amos, EYFS Leader
Please see our policy in the Policies section of the website.
Useful Links on Safeguarding Children for Parents:
If you are concerned about your child's safety online you can use the CEOP button to report activity on every page of our website. Our E-Safety policy is in the Policies section of the website and our E-Safety Ambassador in school is Mr Adams, if you need any advice. You can also find lots of advice for parents and carers on the websites below: