The primary PE and Sports Premium was introduced in March 2013 to improve the provision of physical education and school sport in primary schools across England. The £150 million per year funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport (DfE, DH, DCMS).
The premium must be spent by schools on making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of P.E and sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
Our PE and Sport provision at Priory evidences the Government guidance of 5 key indicators:
- Ensuring our children have the recommended 30 minutes of physical activity a day.
- The profile of PE and Sport being raised across the school.
- Increased confidence and knowledge and skills of all staff teaching PE.
- Ensuring there is a broad experience and range of activities and sports offered to children at Priory.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Please read the information below which gives details of our Sports Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding