Junior Leadership Team
Priory’s Junior Leadership Team consists of ten pupils that represent the broad scope of school life:
- Head Boy and Head Girl (Year 6)
- House Captains x4 (Year 6, representing each house)
- One pupil from Year 2, 3, 4, 5
Pupils are selected by their peers and write and perform a speech to specify their goals and aspirations when applying for the role.
The Head Boy and Girl of the school have a responsibility to lead within the team. They articulate pupil thoughts and ensure all pupils around school have a voice. They have membership to the Trust Council, which meets termly within the Academy Trust to share our intentions and promote shared learning and initiatives throughout the Trust.
The Junior Leadership Team have an interest in whole school improvement and are ‘role model’ pupils that continuously uphold our school values. They are developing leadership skills and building their self-confidence ready for their next step in their education journey.
As a team, we have completed an action plan to work on throughout the academic year that links to the school’s development. During meetings, we promote and take responsibility for various areas across the school including curriculum, safeguarding, pastoral support and resources. The team bring the school together through competitions, assemblies and duties within school
This academic year, the team are looking to improve:
- attendance through exercise on the way to school,
- sharing ideas for new after-school clubs and linked competitions for pupils to engage in,
- reading competitions to develop our love of reading and the frequency in which we read,
- site litter picks and developing care for our school environment.
In additon to this, we are developing links with partners to raise money for charities within our local community and beyond.